follow in Chinese
[ 'fɔləu ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "follow"Use "follow" in a sentence
- My own work follows this approach .
- We ought to follow her good example .
- I shall follow my solicitor 's advice .
- My dense lady , can 't you follow
- A comic scene follows by way of relief .
- The commission note was to follow next day .
- The silence that followed seemed unnatural .
- The answer was followed by an impressive silence .
- Follow the text while i read it out to you .
- The following account was written by tom .
- keep informed; "He kept up on his country''s foreign policies"
Synonyms: keep up, keep abreast,
- behave in accordance or in agreement with; "Follow a pattern"; "Follow my example"
Synonyms: conform to,
- keep to; "Stick to your principles"; "stick to the diet"
Synonyms: stick to, stick with,
- grasp the meaning; "Can you follow her argument?"; "When he lectures, I cannot follow"
- follow, discover, or ascertain the course of development of something; "We must follow closely the economic development is Cuba" ; "trace the student''s progress"
- perform an accompaniment to; "The orchestra could barely follow the frequent pitch changes of the soprano"
Synonyms: play along, accompany,
- imitate in behavior; take as a model; "Teenagers follow their friends in everything"
Synonyms: take after,
- travel along a certain course; "follow the road"; "follow the trail"
Synonyms: travel along,
- to travel behind, go after, come after; "The ducklings followed their mother around the pond"; "Please follow the guide through the museum"
- follow in or as if in pursuit; "The police car pursued the suspected attacker"; "Her bad deed followed her and haunted her dreams all her life"
- keep under surveillance; "The police had been following him for weeks but they could not prove his involvement in the bombing"
Synonyms: surveil, survey,
- choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans; "She followed the feminist movement"; "The candidate espouses Republican ideals"
Synonyms: adopt, espouse,
- be the successor (of); "Carter followed Ford"; "Will Charles succeed to the throne?"
Synonyms: succeed, come after,
- work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function; "He is a herpetologist"; "She is our resident philosopher"
- follow with the eyes or the mind; "Keep an eye on the baby, please!"; "The world is watching Sarajevo"; "She followed the men with the binoculars"
Synonyms: watch, observe, watch over, keep an eye on,
- act in accordance with someone''s rules, commands, or wishes; "He complied with my instructions"; "You must comply or else!"; "Follow these simple rules"; "abide by the rules"
Synonyms: comply, abide by,
- adhere to or practice; "These people still follow the laws of their ancient religion"
- accept and follow the leadership or command or guidance of; "Let''s follow our great helmsman!"; "She followed a guru for years"
- to be the product or result; "Melons come from a vine"; "Understanding comes from experience"
- be later in time; "Tuesday always follows Monday"
- come as a logical consequence; follow logically; "It follows that your assertion is false"; "the theorem falls out nicely"
Synonyms: fall out,
- come after in time, as a result; "A terrible tsunami followed the earthquake"
Synonyms: come after,
- be next; "Mary plays best, with John and Sue following"
- to bring something about at a later time than; "She followed dinner with a brandy"; "He followed his lecture with a question and answer period"
"following" in Chinese, "automatic following" in Chinese, "terrain following radar" in Chinese, "following in range" in Chinese, "folloppe" in Chinese, "follosco" in Chinese, "follot" in Chinese, "follotropin" in Chinese, "follotyopin" in Chinese, "follow follows your target" in Chinese, "follow a clue" in Chinese, "follow a craze" in Chinese, "follow a direct course route etc" in Chinese,