focus in Chinese
[ 'fəukəs ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "focus"Synonyms of "focus"Use "focus" in a sentence
past tense: focused past participle: focused plural: foci present participle: focusing
- A portable tv camera focused on him .
- There is a temporary focus of excitement .
- She is beautiful and is the focus of attention .
- The baby's gaze focused on natalie .
- She nodded. her attention was focused again .
- His eyes focused on the long-term uncertainties .
- Please focus your minds on the following problem .
- His eyes focused slowly in the dark room .
- Isoelectric focusing may be used as another indication .
- This photograph is out of focus .
- maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system; "in focus"; "out of focus"
- maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea; "the controversy brought clearly into focus an important difference of opinion"
- the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
Synonyms: focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centering,
- a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
- a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
Synonyms: focal point,
- a central point or locus of an infection in an organism; "the focus of infection"
Synonyms: focal point, nidus,
- special emphasis attached to something; "the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
Synonyms: stress, Verb
- put (an image) into focus; "Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
Synonyms: focalize, focalise, sharpen,
- become focussed or come into focus; "The light focused"
Synonyms: focalize, focalise,
- direct one''s attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
Synonyms: concentrate, center, centre, pore, rivet,
- bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
Synonyms: concenter, concentre, focalize, focalise,
- cause to converge on or toward a central point; "Focus the light on this image"
"foci" in Chinese, "focus electrode" in Chinese, "secondary foci" in Chinese, "focusing glass" in Chinese, "foct" in Chinese, "foctor of merit" in Chinese, "focu ize" in Chinese, "focumeter" in Chinese, "focuri" in Chinese, "focus (of an earthquake), seismic origin" in Chinese, "focus adjustable hematometer" in Chinese, "focus adjusting device" in Chinese, "focus alignment system" in Chinese,