fly in Chinese
[ flai ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "fly"Synonyms of "fly""fly" in a sentence"fly" meaning
past tense: flew past participle: flown present participle: flying
- We flew coach from denver to new york .
- The delegation flew from london to new york .
- Two of the wolves flew upon the guide .
- Rosy evening clouds and lone ducks fly together ...
- Swallows fly about , carefree and at liberty .
- We flew from london to bombay in one hop .
- They all set to work and the time flew .
- The foolish young man had asked her to fly .
- His partner flew the coop with all the money .
- Those who fly too high may come to grief .
- (British informal) not to be deceived or hoodwinked
- decrease rapidly and disappear; "the money vanished in las Vegas"; "all my stock assets have vaporized"
Synonyms: vanish, vaporize,
- change quickly from one emotional state to another; "fly into a rage"
- hit a fly
- transport by aeroplane; "We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America"
- be dispersed or disseminated; "Rumors and accusations are flying"
- travel in an airplane; "she is flying to Cincinnati tonight"; "Are we driving or flying?"
- move quickly or suddenly; "He flew about the place"
- travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft; "Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic"
- cause to fly or float; "fly a kite"
- travel through the air; be airborne; "Man cannot fly"
- operate an airplane; "The pilot flew to Cuba"
Synonyms: aviate, pilot,
- pass away rapidly; "Time flies like an arrow"; "Time fleeing beneath him"
Synonyms: fell, vanish,
- run away quickly; "He threw down his gun and fled"
Synonyms: flee, take flight,
- display in the air or cause to float; "fly a kite"; "All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N."
- (baseball) a hit that flies up in the air
Synonyms: fly ball,
- two-winged insects characterized by active flight
- an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth
Synonyms: fly front,
- fisherman''s lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect
- flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent
Synonyms: tent-fly, rainfly, fly sheet, tent flap,
"flying" in Chinese, "flown" in Chinese, "flyer" in Chinese, "fly swatter" in Chinese, "flying frog" in Chinese, "dual flying" in Chinese, "flying louse" in Chinese, "lantern fly" in Chinese, "wet fly" in Chinese, "flwoer of fragrant plantain lily" in Chinese, "flwrb" in Chinese, "flws follows" in Chinese, "flws;flw follows,follow" in Chinese, "flxible" in Chinese, "fly ,fly,the butterfly" in Chinese, "fly 1" in Chinese, "fly 20 sorties" in Chinese, "fly a" in Chinese,