flash in Chinese
[ flæʃ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "flash"Synonyms of "flash"Use "flash" in a sentence
past tense: flashed past participle: flashed plural: flashes present participle: flashing
- People would have flashes of happy expression .
- Here was life; he saw it at a flash .
- The jovian day flashes in 10 hours .
- The lightning flashed out from the black clouds ..
- The flashing red light drew close behind .
- It was said in a flash of intuition .
- The situation flashed on carrie at once .
- His later works shows flashes of tragedy .
- A fresh idea flashed upon his mind .
- Charlie flashed us a familiar grin .
- tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
Synonyms: brassy, cheap, flashy, garish, gaudy, gimcrack, loud, meretricious, tacky, tatty, tawdry, trashy, Verb
- appear briefly; "The headlines flashed on the screen"
- emit a brief burst of light; "A shooting star flashed and was gone"
- make known or cause to appear with great speed; "The latest intelligence is flashed to all command posts"
- protect by covering with a thin sheet of metal; "flash the roof"
- run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
Synonyms: dart, dash, scoot, scud, shoot,
- expose or show briefly; "he flashed a $100 bill"
- display proudly; act ostentatiously or pretentiously; "he showed off his new sports car"
Synonyms: flaunt, show off, ostentate, swank,
- gleam or glow intermittently; "The lights were flashing"
Synonyms: blink, wink, twinkle, winkle, Noun
- a lamp for providing momentary light to take a photograph
Synonyms: photoflash, flash lamp, flashgun, flashbulb, flash bulb,
- a bright patch of color used for decoration or identification; "red flashes adorned the airplane"; "a flash sewn on his sleeve indicated the unit he belonged to"
- a momentary brightness
- a sudden brilliant understanding; "he had a flash of intuition"
- a short news announcement concerning some on-going news story
Synonyms: news bulletin, newsflash, newsbreak,
- a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate
- a gaudy outward display
Synonyms: ostentation, fanfare,
- a short vivid experience; "a flash of emotion swept over him"; "the flashings of pain were a warning"
- a sudden intense burst of radiant energy
- a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I''d do it in a flash"
Synonyms: blink of an eye, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute,
"flashing" in Chinese, "flash card" in Chinese, "flash point" in Chinese, "flashing point" in Chinese, "flash flood" in Chinese, "flash gun" in Chinese, "flash lamp" in Chinese, "flash photolysis" in Chinese, "flash bomb" in Chinese, "flaser texture" in Chinese, "flaser-gabbro" in Chinese, "flaser-gneiss" in Chinese, "flaser; battering; press flat; flatten" in Chinese, "flaserstructure" in Chinese, "flash (ing) test" in Chinese, "flash (or flashing) point" in Chinese, "flash (or flashing) signal" in Chinese, "flash 3d" in Chinese,