flap in Chinese
[ flæp ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "flap"Synonyms of "flap""flap" in a sentence"flap" meaning
past tense: flapped past participle: flapped plural: flaps present participle: flapping
- I got into a real flap when i lost my keys .
- Fluid tends to accumulate beneath the flaps .
- The bird flapped ( its way ) up the stream ...
- The red flags are flapping in the wind .
- Now the flaps were fully retracted .
- The heron flapped slowly off across the lake .
- The goose flapped heavily away .
- A cold gust flapped the blanket off louis .
- Coloured flags were flapping in the wind .
- The bird flapped slowly off .
- any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge; hangs loose or projects freely; "he wrote on the flap of the envelope"
- a movable airfoil that is part of an aircraft wing; used to increase lift or drag
- a movable piece of tissue partly connected to the body
- the motion made by flapping up and down
Synonyms: flapping, flutter, fluttering,
- an excited state of agitation; "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
Synonyms: dither, pother, fuss, tizzy, Verb
- pronounce with a flap, of alveolar sounds
- make a fuss; be agitated
Synonyms: dither, pother,
- move noisily; "flags flapped in the strong wind"
- move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
Synonyms: roll, undulate, wave,
- move with a flapping motion; "The bird''s wings were flapping"
- move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
"flap door" in Chinese, "flap dragon" in Chinese, "flap gasket" in Chinese, "flantz" in Chinese, "flanyek" in Chinese, "flanzamaton" in Chinese, "flanze" in Chinese, "flaoting yang" in Chinese, "flap a fly" in Chinese, "flap actuating gear" in Chinese, "flap actuating motor" in Chinese, "flap actuation" in Chinese,