fish in Chinese
[ fiʃ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "fish"Synonyms of "fish"Use "fish" in a sentence
past tense: fished past participle: fished plural: fish present participle: fishing
- Meat and fish are cleaned and trimmed .
- The fish will bite all the better for the rain .
- He caught many fish to fill up his belly .
- Fishing is still the main industry there .
- He enjoys riding , fishing and shooting .
- Jerry was a big fish in a little pond .
- Larocca fished out cash and gave the waiter .
- All the fish exhibited mortality response .
- If i had my druthers , i 'd go fishing .
- They wanted to pass off fish eyes for pearls .
- any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills; "the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"
- the flesh of fish used as food; "in Japan most fish is eaten raw"; "after the scare about foot-and-mouth disease a lot of people started eating fish instead of meat"; "they have a chef who specializes in fish"
- catch or try to catch fish or shellfish; "I like to go fishing on weekends"
- seek indirectly; "fish for compliments"