empty in Chinese
[ 'empti ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "empty"Synonyms of "empty""empty" in a sentence"empty" meaning
past tense: emptied past participle: emptied present participle: emptying
- Dressing up doesn't fill empty noddle .
- The french drama was neat but empty .
- The respect was another empty gesture .
- The theatre was empty after the show .
- The theatre emptied rapidly after the show .
- In a breath , the street was empty .
- Frontier life could be lonely and empty .
- We emptied the waste paper onto the floor .
- I emptied the suitcase, feeling spent .
- Take this dose of medicine on an empty stomach ...
- holding or containing nothing; "an empty glass"; "an empty room"; "full of empty seats"; "empty hours"
- emptied of emotion; "after the violent argument he felt empty"
- needing nourishment; "after skipped lunch the men were empty by suppertime"; "empty-bellied children"
- devoid of significance or point; "empty promises"; "a hollow victory"; "vacuous comments"
Synonyms: hollow, vacuous, Verb
- excrete or discharge from the body
Synonyms: evacuate, void,
- become empty or void of its content; "The room emptied"
- make void or empty of contents; "Empty the box"; "The alarm emptied the building"
- remove; "Empty the water"
- leave behind empty; move out of; "You must vacate your office by tonight"
Synonyms: vacate, abandon, Noun
- a container that has been emptied; "return all empties to the store"