Synonyms of "writing""writing" in a sentence
- Noun: writing rIting
Verb: writ rit
- The act of creating written works
"writing was a form of therapy for him"
- authorship, composition, penning
- The work of a writer; anything expressed in letters of the alphabet (especially when considered from the point of view of style and effect)
"the writing in her novels is excellent"; "that editorial was a fine piece of writing"
- written material, piece of writing
- (usually plural) the collected work of an author
"the idea occurs with increasing frequency in Hemingway's writings"
- Letters or symbols that are written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language
"he turned the paper over so the writing wouldn't show"; "the doctor's writing was illegible"
- The activity of putting something in written form
"she did the thinking while he did the writing"
- committal to writing
Verb: write (wrote,written) rIt
- Past participle of write; written
- Produce a literary work
"He wrote four novels"
- compose, pen, indite [archaic]
- Communicate or express by writing
"Please write to me every week"
- Have (one's written work) issued for publication
"How many books did Georges Simenon write?"
- Communicate (with) in writing
"Write to her soon, please!"
- drop a line
- Communicate by letter
"He wrote that he would be coming soon"
- Write music
- Mark or trace on a surface
"The artist wrote Chinese characters on a big piece of white paper"
- Record data on a computer
- Write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word)
- Create code, write a computer program
"She writes code faster than anybody else"
Sounds like: righting
Derived forms: writings
See also: write out, writer
Type of: activity, black and white, body of work, communicate, correspond, create, create by mental act, create mentally, create verbally, delineate, describe, draw, intercommunicate, line, make, oeuvre, record, tape, trace, verbal creation, work, written communication, written language
Encyclopedia: Writ Write Write, She Murdered Writing
The act or practice of literary composition,the occupation of writer,or producing or engaging in literary work as a profession.
- In writing, make the characters square and upright.
- Lu xun writes with a leisurely pace.
- Yes, dear, i will write to mother.
- He can write music that really swings.
- I must remember to write and thank her.
- Both girls write to each other regularly now.
- writing has become his dominant interest.
- He wrote hurriedly, in scrabbling hand writing.
- I 'll start out to write my paper tomorrow.
- Hemingway often writes in the first person.
What is the meaning of writing and how to define writing in English? writing meaning, what does writing mean in a sentence? writing meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.