Synonyms of "wishing""wishing" in a sentence
- Noun: wishing wishing
Verb: wish wish
- A specific feeling of desire
"he was above all wishing and desire"
- wish, want
- Hope for; have a wish
"I wish I could go home now"
- Prefer or wish to do something
- care, like
- Make or express a wish
"I wish that Christmas were over"
- Feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of
- wish well
- Order politely; express a wish for
- Invoke upon
"wish you a nice evening"
Derived forms: wishings
Type of: desire, express, give tongue to, greet, order, recognise [Brit], recognize, utter, verbalise [Brit], verbalize, want
Encyclopedia: Wish Wishing
- She had, in a way, been wishing him dead.
- He is dead and it is no use wishing him alive again.
- There are more chickens on the market than people wishing to buy them.
- He dawdled nervously toward the door, wishing to melt away.
- Catherine wishing to keep up your acquaintance, i acquiesced--foolishly.
- For my own part, i have been long wishing to wait upon your mother again.
- We have got the bird's heart; now we must have the wishing mantle.
- She had reasons for not wishing her husband to cross alexandra too openly.
- Once more luther took up the narrative, speaking quickly as if wishing to have it done.
- Linton, don't you recall your cousin, that you used to tease us so with wishing to see?
What is the meaning of wishing and how to define wishing in English? wishing meaning, what does wishing mean in a sentence? wishing meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.