Synonyms of "valve""valve" in a sentence
- Noun: valve valv
- A structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it
- Device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone
- Control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- The entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs
- One of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods
Derived forms: valves
See also: valved, valvelet, valvular
Type of: anatomical structure, bodily structure, body structure, complex body part, control, controller, device, shell, structure
Part of: brass, brass instrument, heart, pump, ticker
Encyclopedia: Valve Valve, LLC
A device which regulates or closes off the flow of a fluid.
Variation (Brit.) of ELECTRON TUBE. The term was applied to the first tube, a diode (the Fleming valve), and is descriptive of the action of a tube (a controller of electric current), rather than its appearance.
1 : a structure esp. in a vein or lymphatic that closes temporarily a passage or orifice or permits movement of fluid in one direction only
2 : any of various mechanical devices by which the flow of liquid (as blood) may be started, stopped, or regulated by a movable part that opens, shuts, or partially obstructs one or more ports or passageways; also : the movable part of such a device
[Oil and gas]
A device used to control the rate of flow in a line, to open or shut off a line completely, or to serve as an automatic or semiautomatic safety device. Valves which find extensive use in the oil and gas industry include the gate valve, plug valve, needle valve, check valve, and relief valve.
<electronics> UK term for a vacuum tube.
- For this reason new valves were developed.
- The safety valve of his anger opened.
- Streams are switched by solenoid valves.
- The valve shown has a pilot and a bleed orifice.
- The vacuum valve opens to admit air.
- All that is required is a valve.
- The connecting rod may drive a valve stem directly.
- A pump uses valves and pistons.
- Cars began using caps that incorporated two valves.
- The valve lifter, a round cylinder, rides on the cam.
What is the meaning of valve and how to define valve in English? valve meaning, what does valve mean in a sentence? valve meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.