Synonyms of "type""type" in a sentence
- Noun: type tIp
Verb: type tIp
- A subdivision of a particular kind of thing
"what type of sculpture do you prefer?"
- A person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
"the capable type"
- character, eccentric, case
- (biology) the taxonomic group whose characteristics are used to define the next higher taxon
- Printed characters
"small type is hard to read"
- All of the tokens of the same symbol
"the word 'element' contains five different types of character"
- A small metal block bearing a raised character on one end; produces a printed character when inked and pressed on paper
"he dropped a case of type, so they made him pick them up"
- Write by means of a keyboard with types
"type the acceptance letter, please"
- Identify as belonging to a certain type
"Such people can practically be typed"
Derived forms: typed, types, typing
See also: typic, typify, typing, typist
Type of: adult, block, character, form, grapheme, graphic symbol, grownup, identify, kind, sort, symbol, taxon, taxonomic category, taxonomic group, variety, write
n. a combining form indicating a specified type of person.
• He's a caveman type. You know, sort of hairy and smelly.
• Ted's the brainy type, but has no guts.
■ verb [+ obj or no obj]
to write sth using the keyboard of a computer, etc:
I taught myself to type.
I just need to type an email.
Type the url into the address box.
typing noun [U]:
typist noun [C]:
I'm quite a fast typist.
She started in the company as a typist.
type sth up
to type sth that was written by hand, often in the form of notes:
I haven't typed up the minutes of the meeting yet.
■ noun [U]
letters that are printed or typed:
The warning is written in small type on the back of the packet.
The classification of an option contract as either a put or a call.
1 : a lower taxonomic category selected as a standard of reference for a higher category; also : a specimen or series of specimens on which a taxonomic species or subspecies is actually based
2 : the morphological, physiological, or ecological characters by which relationship between organisms may be recognized
3 : a particular kind, class, or group personality types; specif : a group distinguishable on physiological or serological bases salmonella types
vt typed; typ·ing : to determine the type of (as a sample of blood or a culture of bacteria)
<theory, programming> (Or "data type") A set of values from which a variable, constant, function, or other expression may take its value. A type is a classification of data that tells the compiler or interpreter how the programmer intends to use it. For example, the process and result of adding two variables differs greatly according to whether they are integers, floating point numbers, or strings.
Types supported by most programming languages include integers (usually limited to some range so they will fit in one word of storage), Booleans, floating point numbers, and characters. Strings are also common, and are represented as lists of characters in some languages.
If s and t are types, then so is s -> t, the type of functions from s to t; that is, give them a term of type s, functions of type s -> t will return a term of type t.
Some types are primitive - built-in to the language, with no visible internal structure - e.g. Boolean; others are composite - constructed from one or more other types (of either kind) - e.g. lists, arrays, structures, unions. Object-oriented programming extends this with classes which encapsulate both the structure of a type and the operations that can be performed on it.
Some languages provide strong typing, others allow implicit type conversion and/or explicit type conversion.
- There are basically two types of endemism.
- There are three main types of cancer of the skin.
- Water may serve as a type of instability.
- Water may serve as a type of instability.
- There are four principal types of limestones.
- Could you make time to type this out?
- Certain types of steel don't bore well.
- The type of ground management must be decided.
- Signet cell types tend to grow more rapidly.
- We all realized what type of man he really was.
What is the meaning of type and how to define type in English? type meaning, what does type mean in a sentence? type meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.