Synonyms of "taxation""taxation" in a sentence
- Noun: taxation tak'seyshun
- Charge against a citizen's person or property or activity for the support of government
- tax, revenue enhancement
- Government income due to taxation
- tax income, tax revenue, revenue
- The imposition of taxes; the practice of the government in levying taxes on the subjects of a state
Derived forms: taxations
See also: tax
Type of: government income, government revenue, imposition, infliction, levy
DEFERRED TAXATION, DOUBLE TAXATION, MULTIPLE TAXATION
money that has to be paid as taxes:
Low levels of taxation have attracted some big companies to the region.
❖ excessive/heavy/high/low taxation
◆ to cut/lower/raise/reduce taxation
the system or the act of collecting money by taxes:
Any profits made are exempt from taxation.
changes in the taxation structure
❖ company/corporate/general/local/personal taxation
◆ central/local taxation
⇨ DIRECT TAX
A levy on individuals or corporate bodies by central or local government in order to finance the expenditure of that government and also as a means of implementing its fiscal policy. Payments for specific services rendered to or for the payer are not regarded as taxation. In the UK, an individual's income is taxed by means of an income tax (see also PAYE), while corporations pay a corporation tax. Increases in individual wealth are taxed by means of capital gains tax and by inheritance tax.
direct taxation, indirect taxation, value added tax.
Governmental levies on property,inheritance,gifts,etc.
- In kenya, taxation was much more moderate.
- Double taxation poses the first problem.
- taxation bears heavily on us all.
- Industry is heavily burdened with taxation.
- All other forms of taxation were disorganized.
- Half was raised by taxation.
- Property is appraised for taxation.
- taxation is no part of the governing or legislative power.
- taxation on wealth typically involves personal and corporate taxes.
- The level of taxation is closely related to government spending.
What is the meaning of taxation and how to define taxation in English? taxation meaning, what does taxation mean in a sentence? taxation meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.