Synonyms of "straighten""straighten" in a sentence
- Verb: straighten streyt(u)n
- Straighten up or out; make straight
- Make straight
- straighten out
- Get up from a sitting or slouching position
"The students straightened when the teacher entered"
- Put (things or places) in order
- tidy, tidy up, clean up, neaten, straighten out, square away
- Straighten by unrolling
- roll out
- Make straight or straighter
"Straighten this post"; "straighten hair"
Sounds like: straiten
Derived forms: straightened, straightening, straightens
See also: straighten out, straightener
Type of: alter, arrange, change, change posture, disentangle, modify, order, set up, unwind
- I really should straighten my situation out.
- He would be apt to straighten the tie.
- Come as soon as you can straighten things out.
- This place is a mess. i'll straighten it out.
- I 'm going to straighten up my room.
- He would be apt to straighten.
- I'd like you to straighten up a few things for me.
- As the air around it cools, the metal straightens.
- Let 's straighten out their strained relations.
- She twitched the corner of the rug to straighten it.
, "straightarrow" meaning
, "straightaway" meaning
, "straightedge" meaning
, "straightedge, rod" meaning
, "straighten out" meaning
, "straighten so or sth up" meaning
, "straighten so out" meaning
, "straighten someone out" meaning
What is the meaning of straighten and how to define straighten in English? straighten meaning, what does straighten mean in a sentence? straighten meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.