Synonyms of "speed""speed" in a sentence
- Noun: speed speed
Verb: speed (sped, also speeded) speed
- Distance travelled per unit time
- A rate (usually rapid) at which something happens
"the project advanced with gratifying speed"
- swiftness, fastness
- Changing location rapidly
- speeding, hurrying
- The ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a (camera) lens system
- focal ratio, f number, stop number
- A central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
- amphetamine, pep pill, upper
- Move fast
- rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie [archaic], race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- Move faster
- accelerate, speed up, quicken
- Move very fast
"The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
- travel rapidly, hurry, zip
- Travel at an excessive or illegal velocity
"I got a ticket for speeding"
- Cause to move faster
- accelerate, speed up
Derived forms: speeding, sped, speeded, speeds
See also: fast, slow, speeder, speedy
Type of: alter, change, deepen, drug of abuse, excitant, go, intensify, locomote, modify, motion, move, movement, pace, rate, ratio, stimulant, stimulant drug, street drug, travel
Encyclopedia: Speed, Indiana Speed, Glue & Shinki Speed Speed, KS Speed, North Carolina Speed, NC Speed, Kansas
1. n. methamphetamine; amphetamine in general.
• Speed is a monstrous problem in some cities.
• Kids think that speed won't get them into trouble.
Noun. The drug amphetamine sulphate. [Orig. U.S. 1960s]
up to speed (on sth) (informal)
(about a person, company, etc.) performing at the rate or level that is expected:
She aims to get new employees up to speed as quickly as possible.
having the most recent and accurate information or knowledge:
Are you up to speed yet on the latest developments?
Related: Prepayment speed
"The time rate of change of position of a body without regard to direction, in other words, the magnitude of the velocity vector."
n : METHAMPHETAMINE; also : a related stimulant drug and esp. an amphetamine
[Oil and gas]
The rate at which the tubing is deployed or retrieved during the prescribed service. The speed of the tubing movement is typically stated in terms of "feet per minute" or "meters per minute".
Early system on LGP-30. Listed in CACM 2(5):16 (May 1959).
- What is the speed limit on the motorway?
- He was had up for exceeding the speed limit.
- Light sets the speed limit for nature.
- Did not you see the limitation of speed?
- The racer lapped at unprecedented speed.
- In this way a high speed can be built up.
- Wave speed equals frequency times wavelength.
- The inverse of its slope is the speed of light.
- The speed limit is 40 miles per hour.
- The speed of light is an invariant constant.
What is the meaning of speed and how to define speed in English? speed meaning, what does speed mean in a sentence? speed meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.