A plant genus of the family LILIACEAE. The cluster of flowers at the end of the stalk distinguishes this plant from true Solomon's seal (POLYGONATUM),which has flowers that grow along the stem.
- Like many lilioid monocots, both " Maianthemum " and " Smilacina " were formerly included in the family Liliaceae.
- Thimbleberry is found in forest understories with typical flora associates including coastal woodfern, " Dryopteris arguta ", " Trillium ovatum " and " Smilacina racemosa ".
- Most of these plants are pretty obscure, though it's illuminating to hear the master laud common wildflowers like false Solomon's seal ( Smilacina racemosa ) and sweet rocket ( Hesperis matronalis ) that we take for granted.
- Because of genetic similarity, similar fruits, and evidence that the 4-tepal species evolved from a 6-tepal species, the genus " Smilacina " was combined with " Maianthemum " in the late 20th century.
- Some species for shade are " Allium ursinum, Anemone blanda, Anemone nemorosa, Arum italicum, Convallaria majalis, Corydalis flexuosa, Cyclamen purpurascens, Disporum flavescens, Erythronium, Fritillaria pallidiflora, Galanthus, Hyacinthoides non-scripta, Iris douglasiana, Leucojum vernum, Lilium martagon, Ranunculus ficaria, Sanguinaria canadensis, Smilacina racemosa, Trillium " and " Uvularia grandiflora ".
What is the meaning of smilacina and how to define smilacina in English? smilacina meaning, what does smilacina mean in a sentence? smilacina meaning，smilacina definition, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.