"shoptalk" in a sentence
- n. [u]
1 the professional jargon that is only understood by people in the same profession: Their shoptalk sounds like mumbo-jumbo to me. • Even hearing about the weather would be more interesting than all this shoptalk.
2 a conversation between workers in the same factory or office about their jobs
NOTE verb = talk shop at shop n. (6)
- Every field has its own specialized shoptalk
- I like to stay away from shoptalk, talk about the church,
- Only they weren't swapping shoptalk about video shoots and chart position.
- And Prof Talk _ unlike precise shoptalk _ is as slovenly as it gets.
- Every profession has its own shoptalk _ meant as much to inform insiders as to exclude outsiders.
- A happy chaos of shoptalk, acceptance of bad spelling and in-group acronyms flourishes there.
- Even if that excites you as shoptalk, the movie still doesn't speak your language.
- Rule No . 1 : There shall be no discussions about family matters at the office and no shoptalk at family gatherings.
- Illustrations and features enliven the pages between pastoral shoptalk ranging from " Preaching on Controversial Issues " to " Psychiatry Needs Religion ".
- Like any specialized jargon, the shoptalk used by residents not only conveys facts but provides a running commentary on the absurdities of hospital life.
What is the meaning of shoptalk and how to define shoptalk in English? shoptalk meaning, what does shoptalk mean in a sentence? shoptalk meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.