Synonyms of "sensation""sensation" in a sentence
- Noun: sensation sen'seyshun
- An unelaborated elementary awareness of stimulation
"a sensation of touch"
- esthesis [US], aesthesis, sense experience, sense impression, sense datum
- Someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- ace, adept, champion, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz, megastar
- A general feeling of excitement and heightened interest
"anticipation produced in me a sensation somewhere between hope and fear"
- A state of widespread public excitement and interest
"the news caused a sensation"
- The faculty through which the external world is apprehended
- sense, sentience, sentiency, sensory faculty
Derived forms: sensations
See also: sense, sensory
Type of: excitation, excitement, expert, faculty, fervor [US], fervour [Brit, Cdn], inflammation, mental faculty, module, perception, stir
Transduction of physical or chemical changes in the external or internal environment into nerve impulses by specialized receptors,transmission of these impulses by afferent neurons to the effectors,either directly or through the CNS. n
a : a mental process (as seeing, hearing, or smelling) due to immediate bodily stimulation often as distinguished from awareness of the process —compare PERCEPTION
b : awareness (as of heat or pain) due to stimulation of a sense organ
c : a state of consciousness of a kind usu. due to physical objects or internal bodily changes a burning sensation in his chest
2 : something (as a physical object, sense-datum, pain, or afterimage) that causes or is the object of sensation
- The next day came a fresh sensation.
- The new book has created a great sensation.
- She made a sensation in the drawing-room.
- A strange sensation was crawling through him.
- I knew i should create a great sensation.
- The sensation dies off for the time.
- The number of such sensations is limited.
- It gave him an odd sensation to reflect that.
- A great sensation was created throughout the room.
- Roth had an odd sensation.
What is the meaning of sensation and how to define sensation in English? sensation meaning, what does sensation mean in a sentence? sensation meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.