Synonyms of "science""science" in a sentence
- Noun: science sIuns
- A particular branch of scientific knowledge
"the science of genetics"
- scientific discipline
- Ability to produce solutions in some problem domain
"the sweet science of pugilism"
- Research into questions posed by scientific theories and hypotheses
- scientific research, research project
Derived forms: sciences
See also: scientist
Type of: ability, bailiwick, discipline, field, field of study, power, research, study, subject, subject area, subject field
Part of: scientific knowledge
Encyclopedia: Science Science, Technology, & International Affairs Science, technology, and society
The systematic observation of natural phenomena for the purpose of discovering laws governing those phenomena. The body of knowledge accummulated by such means. (From Dorland,28th ed) n : knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws esp. as obtained and tested through the scientific method and concerned with the physical world and its phenomena
- It respected wealth and it despised science.
- Experiment is the final arbiter in science.
- You are exploring the frontiers in science.
- I prefer science to the humanities.
- Maybe computer science would do the trick.
- Technology has been the daughter of science.
- Space science has introduced many new words.
- We pushed him hard to take up science.
- Economics is a nomothetic science.
- He was expelled from the academy of sciences.
What is the meaning of science and how to define science in English? science meaning, what does science mean in a sentence? science meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.