scare quotes meaning
- n. [plural]
the quotation marks round 'self-appointed', 'self-proclaimed', 'self styled' and 'so-called', showing you disagree
- And there is ( notice the scare quotes, though ).
- You may too want to dump the " scare quotes ".
- The phrase occasionally appears in scare quotes : " targeted therapy ".
- We have a passable article on it at Scare quotes.
- :BenRG : do you really think those scare quotes are necessary?
- However, when using " scare quotes ", the comma goes outside.
- Writers use scare quotes for a variety of reasons.
- It would be like putting scare quotes around phlogiston or n-ray.
- And I'd consider using scare quotes, as I have above.
- Scare quotes may suggest or create a problematization with the words set in quotes.
- "scare quotes" meaning in Chinese: n. 着重引号（表示引号内的词或短语用法特别，通常为作者所不赞成）
- "scare quotes" meaning in Arabic: اقتباسات مخيفة
- "scare quotes" meaning in French: guillemet##guillemets d’ironie
"scare off" meaning, "scare one out of one's mind" meaning, "scare one out of one's wits" meaning, "scare out of one's wits" meaning, "scare quote" meaning, "scare shitless" meaning, "scare so or an animal off" meaning, "scare so or an animal out" meaning, "scare so or an animal out of sth" meaning,
What is the meaning of scare quotes and how to define scare quotes in English? scare quotes meaning, what does scare quotes mean in a sentence? scare quotes meaning，scare quotes definition, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.