Synonyms of "region""region" in a sentence
- Noun: region reejun
- The extended spatial location of something
"the farming regions of France"; "regions of outer space"
- A part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve
"in the abdominal region"
- A large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth
"penguins inhabit the polar regions"
- The approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in 'in the region of')
"it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"
- neighborhood [US], neighbourhood [Brit, Cdn]
- A knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about
"here we enter the region of opinion"
Derived forms: regions
See also: regional
Type of: body part, domain, indefinite quantity, knowledge base, knowledge domain, location
a large area of land such as a part of the world or one of the areas that a country is divided into:
The Kansai region contributes 19% of Japan's GDP.
the economic downturn in the Asia-Pacific region
regional // adjective [usually before noun]:
She's now a regional manager looking after 10 stores.
regionally // adverb
in the region of
used when you are giving a number, price, etc. to show that it is not exact:
He earns somewhere in the region of €50 000.
1 : any of the major subdivisions into which the body or one of its parts is divisible the nine regions of the abdomen
2 : an indefinite area surrounding a specified body part a pain in the region of the heart
- This region is within the province of liaoning.
- A perpetual malaria reigns in this region.
- You can get it in the region of 50 yuan.
- A craze is a thin platelike region.
- The back muscles of the thoracic region are thinner.
- Their proof is limited to bounded regions only.
- The region is remarkable for its woodland scenery.
- Over the polar regions we should see aurora.
- That region is drizzly in winter.
- The innermost region of cotton is called lumen.
- "region" meaning in Chinese: n. 1.地方，地域，地带；地区；行政区，管辖区，区；左近，邻近；(大气、海水等的)层，界，境。2.【解剖学；动物...
- "region" meaning in Japanese: region n. 地方, 地域, 地帯; 部; 域; 領域; 部位. 【動詞＋】 ◆develop a regio...
- "region" meaning in Korean: (명확한 한계가 없는 광대한)지방, 지역, 지대, (수도에서 떨어진)지방, 시골, (천지를 상하로 구분한...
- "region" meaning in Russian: 1) область, район, зона; край, страна Ex: the Arctic R. Ар...
- "region" meaning in Arabic: n. إقليم, منطقة, قطر, حقل, قسم
- "region" meaning in French: n. région; domaine; territoire; champ; sphère; zone d'ac...
What is the meaning of region and how to define region in English? region meaning, what does region mean in a sentence? region meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.