Adjective: red (redder,reddest) red
Noun: red red
- Of a colour at the end of the colour spectrum (next to orange); resembling the colour of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
- reddish, ruddy, blood-red, carmine, cerise, cherry, cherry-red, crimson, ruby, ruby-red, scarlet, reddy
- Characterized by violence or bloodshed
"convulsed with red rage"
- crimson, violent
- (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion
"turned red from exertion"; "red-faced and violent"
- crimson, reddened, red-faced, flushed
- Relating to or marked by communism
- communist, communistic
Noun: Red red
- Red colour or pigment; the chromatic colour resembling the hue of blood
- Emotionally charged terms used to refer to extreme radicals or revolutionaries
- Bolshevik, Marxist, bolshie, bolshy
- The amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue
"the company operated in the red last year"
- loss, red ink
- A socialist who advocates communism
- communist, commie
- A tributary of the Mississippi River that flows eastward from Texas along the southern boundary of Oklahoma and through Louisiana
- Red River
Sounds like: read
Derived forms: redder, reddest, reds, Reds
See also: bloody, chromatic, colored [US], colorful [US], coloured [Brit, Cdn], colourful [Brit, Cdn], redly, redness
Type of: amount, amount of money, chromatic color [US], chromatic colour [Brit, Cdn], radical, river, socialist, spectral color [US], spectral colour [Brit, Cdn], sum, sum of money
Part of: LA, Lone-Star State, Louisiana, OK, Oklahoma, Pelican State, Sooner State, Texas, TX
Encyclopedia: Red, White, and Boom Red, White, and Crue Red, Red Wine Red, White, & Boom Red, White, and Tuna Red, White & Boom Red, White & Crue Red, White & Blue Party Red, White & Blues Red, Blue, and Circles, Too! Red, Hot, & Blue Red Red, Black and Green Red, Hot, And Blue Red, Hot and Blue Red, Red, Red Red, Hot, and Blue Red, Hot And Blue Red, White and Tuna Red, a nightclub Red, White and Cruee Red, White and Crüe Red, black, and green Red, white, and tuna Red, white and tuna Red, black and green Red, black and green flag Red, White And Crue Red, White And Cruee Red, White & Cruee Red, White & Crüe Red, White And Crüe Red, White and Boom Red, White and Crue Red, White and Blue Red, White and Blue Paradise
be, remain, etc. in the red; move into, return to, etc. the red
to be operating at a loss; to be spending more than you earn:
The communications group is €70 billion in the red.
My bank account is in the red this month.
2 (Stock Exchange )
if markets or shares are in the red, they are lower in value than they were previously:
Most shares dipped into the red yesterday although trade was light.
OPP BE, REMAIN, ETC. IN THE BLACK, MOVE INTO, RETURN TO, ETC. THE BLACK