Synonyms of "radar""radar" in a sentence
- Noun: radar reydaa(r)
- Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
- microwave radar, radio detection and ranging, radiolocation
Derived forms: radars
Type of: measuring device, measuring instrument, measuring system
below the radar (screen)
if something is below the radar, people are not aware of it:
It could be a nice small business with a solid income if it stays below the radar screen.
on/off the radar (screen)
used to say that people are aware or not aware of sth, or are thinking or not thinking about it:
This sale was not even on our radar.
Gold is coming back onto investors' radar screens.
Dozens of companies have fallen off the radar screen of City investors following sharp falls in their share prices.
A radio detection device that provides information on range, azimuth, and/or elevation of objects.
1. A microwave system for detecting objects and determining their distance, direction, heading, speed, and other characteristics. Signals from the transmitter are reflected back to the transmitter site by the object, and the reflection (sometimes along with the transmission) is displayed on a cathode-ray screen. The name is an
acronym for radio detection and ranging.
2. The theory and application of radio detection and ranging systems as defined in
radar altitude The distance of an aircraft above the surface of the earth, as determined by radar. This value varies with the terrain over which the aircraft passes.
A system using beamed and reflected radio signals to and from an object in such a way that range,bearing,and other characteristics of the object may be determined.
- Enemy planes were picked up by our radar.
- Densities presumably can be probed by radar.
- The pervading tone in the radar room was calm.
- They picked up the yacht on their radar screen.
- They were able to position the yacht by means of radar.
- All modern vessels of any size are fitted with radar installations.
- radar and other inventions were the work of "boffins".
- It is guided to its destination by radio and radar control.
- Their signal service was rudimentary. radar was unknown to them.
- He thought that a flock of birds was causing dots on his radar screen.
- "radar" meaning in Chinese: n. 〔美国〕【无线电】 〔radio detecting and ranging 之略〕 雷达，无线电探测器 (...
- "radar" meaning in Japanese: radar n. 電波探知機, レーダー. 【動詞＋】 ◆blind their radar 相手のレーダーをくらま...
- "radar" meaning in Korean: noun, adjective, 레이더, 전파 탐지법, 전파 탐지기, 레이더(장치), (자동차의)속도 측정...
- "radar" meaning in Russian: 1) радиолокатор, радар Ex: sound radar звукометрическая ст...
- "radar" meaning in Arabic: n. رادار, كشف عن طريق الرادار, جهاز لتحديد وجود شئ بواسط...
- "radar" meaning in French: n. radar, système ou appareil de détection
What is the meaning of radar and how to define radar in English? radar meaning, what does radar mean in a sentence? radar meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.