Noun: race reys
Verb: race reys
- Any competition
"the race for the presidency"
- A contest of speed
"the race is to the swift"
- People who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock
"some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- (biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species
- The flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- slipstream, airstream, backwash, wash
- A canal for a current of water
- Move fast
"The cars raced down the street"
- rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie [archaic], speed, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- Compete in a race
"let's race and see who gets there first"
- To work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others
"We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- Cause to move fast or to rush or race
"The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
Derived forms: racing, raced, races
See also: racer, racial, racing, racy
Type of: act, canal, compete, competition, contend, contest, displace, flow, go, group, grouping, locomote, move, taxon, taxonomic category, taxonomic group, travel, vie
Encyclopedia: Race, Evolution and Behavior Race, Evolution, and Behavior Race Race, Human Race, milieu, and moment Race, Negro Race, Milieu, and Moment