Use "pose" in a sentence
- a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display
Synonyms: affectation, mannerism, affectedness,
- affected manners intended to impress others; "don''t put on airs with me"
- a posture assumed by models for photographic or artistic purposesVerb
- be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don''t know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
Synonyms: perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound,
- pretend to be someone you are not; sometimes with fraudulent intentions; "She posed as the Czar''s daughter"
Synonyms: impersonate, personate,
- put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
Synonyms: put, set, place, position, lay,
- assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don''t know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
Synonyms: model, sit, posture,
- behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others; "Don''t pay any attention to him--he is always posing to impress his peers!"; "She postured and made a total fool of herself"
- introduce; "This poses an interesting question"
What is the definition of pose and how to define pose in English? pose meaning, what does pose mean in a sentence? pose definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.