Synonyms of "pipe""pipe" in a sentence
- Noun: pipe pIp
Verb: pipe pIp
- A tube with a small bowl at one end; used for smoking tobacco
- tobacco pipe
- A long tube made of metal or plastic that is used to carry water or oil or gas etc.
- pipage, piping
- A hollow cylindrical shape
- A tubular wind instrument
- The flues and stops on a pipe organ
- organ pipe, pipework
- Utter a shrill cry
- shriek, shrill, pipe up
- Transport by pipeline
"pipe oil, water, and gas into the desert"
- Play on a pipe
"pipe a tune"
- Trim with piping
"pipe the skirt"
Derived forms: piping, pipes, piped
See also: pipage, pipe up, piper, piping
Type of: adorn, beautify, call, cry, cylinder, decorate, embellish, grace, holler, hollo [non-standard], ornament, play, scream, shout, shout out, squall, transport, tube, tubing, wind, wind instrument, yell
Part of: organ, pipe organ
Encyclopedia: Pipe Pipe, Wisconsin
n. an easy course in school.
• Take this course. It's a pipe.
• I don't want a full load of pipes. I want to learn something.
A continuous tubular conduit, generally leakproof, for the transport of liquids and gases.
"A tube made of metal, clay, plastic, wood, or concrete and used to conduct a fluid, gas, or finely divided solid."
1. <operating system> One of Unix's buffers which can be written to by one asynchronous process and read by another, with the kernel suspending and waking up the sender and receiver according to how full the pipe is. In later versions of Unix, rather than using an anonymous kernel-managed temporary file to implement a pipe, it can be named and is implemented as a local socket pair.
2. <character> "|" ASCII character 124. Used to represent a pipe between two processes in a shell command line. E.g.
grep foo log | more which feeds the output of grep into the input of more without requiring a named temporary file and without waiting for the first process to finish.
3. <jargon, networking> A connection to a network.
See also light pipe.
- The piping outside the house needs painting.
- The old man took the pipe out of his mouth.
- A iron bar is solid, a pipe is hollow.
- This pipe connects with a smaller one.
- A free flow of water came from the pipe.
- The pipes lead the water into the fields.
- The rod is sometimes referred to as a light pipe.
- Water spouted from the break of the pipe.
- The pipe is so small that it clogs very easily.
- You've bitten off the end of your pipe.
What is the meaning of pipe and how to define pipe in English? pipe meaning, what does pipe mean in a sentence? pipe meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.