Synonyms of "outfit""outfit" in a sentence
- Noun: outfit 'awt`fit
Verb: outfit (outfitted,outfitting) 'awt`fit
- Any cohesive unit such as a military company
- A set of clothing (with accessories)
- getup, rig, turnout
- Gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
- Provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
- equip, fit, fit out
Derived forms: outfits, outfitted, outfitting
See also: outfitter [Brit], outfitting
Type of: appurtenance, attire, dress, furnish, garb, gear, paraphernalia, provide, render, social unit, supply, unit
n. a set of things; the items needed for some task.
• I got a fine chemistry outfit for my birthday.
• My tool kit has everything I need. It's the whole outfit.
1 (informal) [C with sing./pl.verb]
a group of people working together as an organization, a business, a team, etc:
a market research outfit
a 12-person outfit producing music software
a set of clothes that you wear together, especially for a particular occasion or purpose:
The sales team wear dark blue outfits.
■ verb [+ obj] (-tt-) (especially AmE) (often be outfitted)
to provide sb/sth with equipment or clothes for a special purpose:
workstations outfitted with the latest technology
All vehicles have been outfitted with satellite navigation systems.
outfitting noun [U]
- The structure of the guard outfits was complete.
- Your outfit is most becoming.
- I found this old outfit which i hadn't had on for years.
- Listen, i know this outfit we're up against.
- The outfit of the exploring party took only half a month.
- Citibank seems to enjoy its reputation as a hard-nosed outfit.
- Despite the salesperson's blandishments, the customer did not buy the outfit.
- Everyone knows a big outfit like golden state power bends the truth now and then.
- They like to boast about how smart they are, beating a big outfit like golden state power.
- Mr. isaacs has advanced us fifty pounds to pay off our debts and to get a proper outfit for james.
- "outfit" meaning in Chinese: n. 1.(旅行等的)准备；旅费；旅行用品，装置；(一定场合下穿的)全套衣装；(军事)装备；航海用具；商业用具，生...
- "outfit" meaning in Japanese: １outfit n. 服装ひとそろい; 用品, 道具一式; 支度; 《口語》 会社. 【動詞＋】 ◆I'll buy...
- "outfit" meaning in Korean: noun, (여행따위의) 채비, 도구 vt, 필수품을 공급하다, 채비를 차리다, ~ter noun, 여행...
- "outfit" meaning in Russian: 1) снаряжение (для экспедиции); экипировка Ex: camping out...
- "outfit" meaning in Arabic: n. تزويد, تجهيز, عدة, سلاح الفارس, ملابس, تجهيزات, معدات...
- "outfit" meaning in French: n. équipement; nécessaire; appareillage; bataillon; comp...
What is the meaning of outfit and how to define outfit in English? outfit meaning, what does outfit mean in a sentence? outfit meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.