"ornamentalism" in a sentence
- Presnyakov is known as a theorist of ornamentalism.
- In " Ornamentalism,"
- "' Ornamentalism "'is a post-modern architectural style that was a reaction against Modernism.
- Niall Ferguson wrote of " Ornamentalism " in The Sunday Telegraph, filled with " verve and wit ."
- Levine finds romanticism, pantheistic naturalism, traditionalism, ornamentalism and attachment to the values of rural America in Wright _ conveying a notion of his protean nature.
- And while acknowledging Cannadine's polished writing style and artful wit, he said that " Ornamentalism " was a " fluffy " piece of scholarship.
- Indeed, in an unusual fit of scholarly generosity _ or seen from another way, an acknowledgment of holes in his thesis _ he has devoted a chapter of " Ornamentalism " to possible arguments against it.
- "Ornamentalism " _ the title references Edward Said's 1978 book " Orientalism, " which presented a bitter postcolonial indictment of the subject _ is as entertaining in its anecdotes as it is thought-provoking.
- And with his new book, " Ornamentalism : How the British Saw Their Empire " ( Oxford University Press ), Cannadine has provided new opportunities for argument, lobbing a provocative new thesis into the crowded, often squabbling, arena of empire studies.
- But Cannadine _ whose book's subtitle, after all, identifies it as a work about British attitudes toward empire _ said that he did not intend, in " Ornamentalism, " to consider class at the expense of race, but rather alongside it.
What is the meaning of ornamentalism and how to define ornamentalism in English? ornamentalism meaning, what does ornamentalism mean in a sentence? ornamentalism meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.