Synonyms of "ornament""ornament" in a sentence
- Noun: ornament ornumunt
Verb: ornament 'ornu`ment
- Something used to beautify
- decoration, ornamentation
- Make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
- decorate, adorn, grace, embellish, beautify
- Be an ornament to
"stars ornamented the Christmas tree"
Derived forms: ornaments, ornamented, ornamenting
See also: ornamental, ornamentation
Type of: adorn, alter, artefact [Brit], artifact [N. Amer], beautify, change, deck, decorate, embellish, grace, modify
In architecture, every detail of shape, texture, and color that is deliberately exploited or added to attract an observer.
- A nice tree twinkles its ornaments in the foyer.
- He was an ornament to his country.
- The ornaments were worn as pendants or nose rings.
- Look to use before ornament.
- I must get some ornaments for my christmas tree.
- They sell ornaments not accordant to chinese tastes.
- He placed it as an ornament in the handle of a dragger.
- Many of the gold ornaments were melted down to be made into coins.
- His closely shaved head was without ornament of any kind.
- On her shoulders she wore two ornaments exquisitely set in gold-work.
What is the meaning of ornament and how to define ornament in English? ornament meaning, what does ornament mean in a sentence? ornament meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.