Synonyms of "opacity""opacity" in a sentence
- Noun: opacity ow'pasutee
- The phenomenon of not permitting the passage of electromagnetic radiation
- Incomprehensibility resulting from obscurity of meaning
- The quality of being opaque to a degree; the degree to which something reduces the passage of light
Derived forms: opacities
See also: opaque
Type of: incomprehensibility, physical phenomenon, quality
Antonym: clarity, transparency
The quality of being opaque, as the capacity of a paint to cover or obliterate a background over which it is applied.
The condition of being opaque. This applies to all forms of radiation. For example, a material can be opaque to light rays, but be transparent to radio waves, or it can be transparent to gamma rays while being opaque to alpha particles.
n pl -ties
1 : the quality or state of a body that makes it impervious to the rays of light; broadly : the relative capacity of matter to obstruct by absorption or reflection the transmission of radiant energy (as x-radiation, radio waves, infrared radiation, or sound)
2 : an opaque spot in a normally transparent structure (as the lens of the eye)
- opacity is due to crazes in the resin.
- opacity is the reciprocal of transmission.
- By definition a cataract is an opacity in the lens.
- The opacity is a function of temperature and wavelength.
- opacity of the lens is readily visible, especially in advanced cases.
- The distinctive feature of vitreous opacities is their actual movement on motion of the eye.
- When it came to drawing joint conclusions, there was a nearly impenetrable opacity about heath's formulations.
- Cataracts are classified according to the age of the individual, etiology, and the morphologic characteristics of the opacity.
- I set it to multiply at about 10-20 % opacity
- 15 test method for opacity of paper 15 diffuse illuminant
What is the meaning of opacity and how to define opacity in English? opacity meaning, what does opacity mean in a sentence? opacity meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.