Synonyms of "motor""motor" in a sentence
- Noun: motor mowtu(r)
Verb: motor mowtu(r)
- Machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion
- A nonspecific agent that imparts motion
"happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action"
Adjective: motor mowtu(r)
- Travel or be transported in a vehicle
"They motored to London for the theatre"
- Conveying information to the muscles from the CNS
- Causing or able to cause motion
Derived forms: motors, motored, motoring
See also: causative, efferent, motorial, motoring, motorist, motorize
Type of: agent, go, locomote, machine, move, travel
in. to depart.
• Well, let's motor, you guys. It's getting late.
• I've got to motor. It's a long walk home.
A machine which converts electric power into mechanical power by means of a rotating shaft.
1. A machine for converting electrical energy into mechanical energy.
2. The driving mechanism of a loudspeaker.
1 : causing or imparting motion
2 : of, relating to, or being a motoneuron or a nerve containing motoneurons motor fibers motor cells
3 : of, relating to, concerned with, or involving muscular movement motor areas of the brain
- What is the power delivered to the motor?
- Henry fixed the motor which had cut out.
- The whine of the motors jangled her nerves.
- He is buying up shares in general motors.
- He gunned his motor at the stoplight.
- The motor show is usually held in october.
- Oxford has been ruined by the motor industry.
- Marked sensory and motor changes are noted.
- The engine is being cranked with the starting motor.
- The motor car has been with us for almost a century.
What is the meaning of motor and how to define motor in English? motor meaning, what does motor mean in a sentence? motor meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.