Synonyms of "modify""modify" in a sentence
- Verb: modify 'módu`fI
- Make less severe or harsh or extreme
"please modify this letter to make it more polite"; "he modified his views on same-gender marriage"
- Add a modifier to a constituent
- Cause to change; make different; cause a transformation
- change, alter
Derived forms: modified, modifies, modifying
See also: modifiable, modification, modifier
Type of: add, change
AmE / verb [+ obj] (modifies, modifying, modified, modified)
to change sth slightly, especially in order to make it more suitable for a particular purpose:
The software is modified for specific customers.
We found it cheaper to modify existing equipment rather than buy new.
They're planning to sell a modified version of their popular small car.
modification /; AmE / noun [C,U]:
Considerable modification of the existing system is needed.
It might be necessary to make a few slight modifications to the design.
To perform a MODIFICATION to a circuit,
device, system, signal, program address, etc.
moding A fault characterized by oscillation of a
MAGNETRON in undesirable modes.
vt -fied; -fy·ing : to make a change in modify behavior by the use of drugs — mod·i·fi·abil·i·ty n pl -ties — mod·i·fi·able adj
- The grower can modify his cultural program.
- Fertilizers modify the composition of herbage.
- They may simply modify the verb.
- They may modify the whole sentence.
- The structure of the iris will also modify the shade.
- He will have to modify his views if he wants to be elected.
- "very " is used to modify adjectives and past participles used as adjectives
- Such extraction modifies the whole cell-membrance network throughout the wool fiber.
- There have been attempts to modify the fiber chemically to resist abrasion enhancement.
- However, man has been highly successful in his attempts to modify the weather on a very small scale.
What is the meaning of modify and how to define modify in English? modify meaning, what does modify mean in a sentence? modify meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.