Synonyms of "measure"Use "measure" in a sentence
past tense: measured past participle: measured plural: measures present participle: measuring
- how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
Synonyms: quantity, amount,
- any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
- the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule; "the measurements were carefully done"; "his mental measurings proved remarkably accurate"
Synonyms: measurement, measuring, mensuration,
- a container of some standard capacity that is used to obtain fixed amounts of a substance
- measuring instrument having a sequence of marks at regular intervals; used as a reference in making measurements
Synonyms: measuring stick, measuring rod,
- a statute in draft before it becomes law; "they held a public hearing on the bill"
- musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats; "the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
Synonyms: meter, metre, beat, cadence,
- a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "the schools comply with federal standards"; "they set the measure for all subsequent work"Verb
Synonyms: standard, criterion, touchstone,
- express as a number or measure or quantity; "Can you quantify your results?"
- determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of; "Measure the length of the wall"
Synonyms: mensurate, measure out,
- evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
Synonyms: evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value,
- have certain dimensions; "This table surfaces measures 20inches by 36 inches"
What is the definition of measure and how to define measure in English? measure meaning, what does measure mean in a sentence? measure definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.