lace with meaning
"lace with" in a sentence
- 1. lace sth with sth usually passive to put alcohol or a drug into someone's food or drink, especially secretly:
▪ Staff found more food in the kitchen which had been laced with the same poison.
▪ a thermos of coffee laced with brandy
■ SIMILAR TO: spike
2. be laced with sth if something is laced with a particular quality, it contains some of it all the way through:
▪ Leigh's play is heavily laced with irony.
▪ The whole history of the Orient Express is laced with an air of romance and mystery.
- The name evokes a shadowy terror laced with whispered details too gruesome to be believed.
- Young people often like a lemon drink laced with beer
- He had a glass of milk which laced with rum
- Claims of gender equality are laced with contradictions
- The princess's coat was of red silk laced with gold thread
- His uniform is laced with gold
- lace with beadwork handmade lace
- The best treatment for a cold is black coffee liberally laced with rum
- The many tiers of her dress are embellished with lovely lace with a huge bow in the back
- The tadpole-looking feature in the center of this image is a nodule of cold hydrogen gas laced with dust
What is the meaning of lace with and how to define lace with in English? lace with meaning, what does lace with mean in a sentence? lace with meaning
，lace with definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.