click here to translate "joule锟斤拷锟絪 law" by computers
- joule’s law
- [Electronics] The rate at which heat is produced by current flowing in a constant-resistance circuit is proportional to the square of the current.
- Noun: joule jool A unit of electrical energy equal to the work done when a current of one ampere passes through a resistance of one ohm for one second - J , watt sec...
- joule calorimeter
- [Electronics] A heat-measuring device that operates electrically. ; [Engineering] "Any electrically heated calorimeter, such as that used in the Griffiths method."
- joule effect
- [Electronics] 1. The heat resulting from current flowing through a resistance. 2. See MAGNETOSTRICTION.
- joule equivalent
- [Thermodynamics] "The numerical relation between quantities of mechanical energy and heat, the present accepted value is 1 fifteen-degrees calorie equals 4.1855 ?0.0005 joules. Also known ...
- joule heat
- [Electricity] "The heat which is evolved when current flows through a medium having electrical resistance, as given by Joule's law."; [Electronics] See JOULE EFFECT, 1. joule heat gradie...