Synonyms of "include""include" in a sentence
- Verb: include in'klood
- Have as a part, be made up out of
"The list includes the names of many famous writers"
- Consider as part of something
"I include you in the list of culprits"
- Add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group, or category
"We must include this chemical element in the group"
- Allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of
- admit, let in
Derived forms: included, includes, including
See also: inclusion, inclusive
Type of: add, allow, consider, countenance, let, permit, reckon, regard, see, view
verb [+ obj]
1 (not used in the continuous tenses)
if one thing includes another, it has the second thing as one of its parts:
Does the price include tax?
Their clients included Unilever and Coca-Cola.
Your duties include receiving guests and answering the telephone.
2 include sb/sth (as/in/on sth)
to make sb/sth part of sth:
We haven't included February's sales in these figures.
She was included on the company's board.
1. To duplicate a portion (or whole) of another's message (typically with attribution to the source) in a reply or followup, for clarifying the context of one's response. See the discussion of inclusion styles under "Hacker Writing Style".
2. "#include <disclaimer.h>" has appeared in sig blocks to refer to a notional "standard disclaimer file".
- Acids used in pickling can include sulfuric.
- There were ten present not including myself.
- They include many that are highly palatable.
- The pacific communiques included it.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms include flatuence.
- The information on the cards includes series.
- Its qualities include high credibility.
- The program includes two mozart sonatas.
- There were ten present including myself.
- Sternal muscles include two muscle groups.
What is the meaning of include and how to define include in English? include meaning, what does include mean in a sentence? include meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.