Synonyms of "in""in" in a sentence
- Adverb: in in
Noun: in in
- To or toward the inside of
"come in"; "smash in the door"
- inwards, inward
Adjective: in in
- A unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot
- Holding office
"the in party"
- Directed or bound inward
"took the in bus"; "the in basket"
- Currently fashionable
"the in thing to do"; "large shoulder pads are in"
- In, into, towards, within (il- is used before an l, im- before a b, m or p, ir- before an r)
- il-, im-, ir-
- Not (il- is used before an l, im- before a b, m or p, ir- before an r)
- il-, im-, ir-, un-
- A state in midwestern United States
- Indiana, Hoosier State
- A rare soft silvery metallic element; occurs in small quantities in sphalerite
- indium, atomic number 49
Sounds like: inn
Derived forms: Ins, ins
See also: fashionable, incoming, stylish, successful
Type of: American state, linear measure, linear unit, metal, metallic element
Part of: America, blende, Corn Belt, foot, ft, middle west, Midwest, midwestern United States, sphalerite, the States, U.S., U.S.A., United States, United States of America, US, USA, zinc blende
Encyclopedia: IN In In, Out, Through
in someone's favor. (Typically: be ~; get ~.)
I hope I can get in good with the teacher. I need an A in the course.
Mary is always trying to get in with the people who are in charge.
Air Force component intelligence officer (staff); impulse noise; instructor
1. Abbreviation of INPUT.
2. Abbreviation of INCH.
The two-character ISO 3166 country code for INDIA.
<networking> The country code for India.
- Spies are hovering about in every direction.
- The poor student was plucked in his examination ...
- Acids used in pickling can include sulfuric.
- A stormy applause broke out in the hall.
- There was a record playing in the next room.
- I have a snag in my best black tights.
- in eighteenth century the theory shrank.
- He lessoned us in the art of persuasion.
- The wall was marked with damp in several places.
- She is in the top flight of journalists.
What is the meaning of in and how to define in in English? in meaning, what does in mean in a sentence? in meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.