Synonyms of "hypothesis""hypothesis" in a sentence
- Noun: hypothesis (hypotheses) hI'póthisis
- A proposal intended to explain certain facts or observations
- A tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena
"a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"
- possibility, theory
- A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
- guess, conjecture, supposition, surmise, surmisal, speculation
Derived forms: hypotheses
See also: hypothesize, hypothetical
Type of: concept, conception, construct, opinion, proposal, view
Part of: theory
n pl -e·ses : a proposition tentatively assumed in order to draw out its logical or empirical consequences and test its consistency with facts that are known or may be determined it appears, then, to be a condition of the most genuinely scientific hypothesis that it be … of such a nature as to be either proved or disproved by comparison with observed facts —J. S. Mill most of the great unifying conceptions of modern science are working hypotheses —Bernard Bosanquet
- Recent theological hypothesis was suspect.
- The hypothesis promptly attracted some interest.
- The second hypothesis must overcome a problem.
- The validity of the hypothesis can be tested.
- Fermi's suggestion was more than a verbal hypothesis.
- The idea behind copernicus hypothesis was not new.
- Such a hypothesis raises other questions in its turn.
- The new discoveries have falsified that hypothesis ..
- Many lines of evidence make this hypothesis unlikely.
- Dr. anderson's hypothesis is too difficult to prove.
, "hypothermia" meaning
, "hypothermias" meaning
, "hypothermic" meaning
, "hypothermy" meaning
, "hypothesis testing" meaning
, "hypothesis, null" meaning
, "hypothesise" meaning
, "hypothesize" meaning
What is the meaning of hypothesis and how to define hypothesis in English? hypothesis meaning, what does hypothesis mean in a sentence? hypothesis meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.