Synonyms of "hotfoot""hotfoot" in a sentence
- Noun: hotfoot 'hót`fût
Adverb: hotfoot 'hót`fût
- A practical joke that involves inserting a match surreptitiously between the sole and upper of the victim's shoe and then lighting it
Verb: hotfoot 'hót`fût
- Without delay; speedily
"sent ambassadors hotfoot to the Turks"; "drove hotfoot for Boston"
- Move fast
- rush, hasten, hie [archaic], speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
Derived forms: hotfooting, hotfooted, hotfoots
Type of: go, locomote, move, practical joke, travel
- The children came running hotfoot when they heard tea was ready.
- -hey, watch it .-where are you going, hotfoot
- Hey, watch it .-where are you going, hotfoot
- Like bernard shaw, he has tickled his readers'funny bone with a cultural hotfoot
- The movie will begin in five minutes . we'd better hotfoot it to the theater
- Operation Hotfoot had suffered five killed in action during its duties.
- Under incoming American President John F . Kennedy, Hotfoot was rapidly expanded.
- A second Hotfoot contingent rotated in for duty.
- This center would be an all-Hotfoot operation, with no French involved.
- The Operation Hotfoot moniker changed to Operation Monkhood.
What is the meaning of hotfoot and how to define hotfoot in English? hotfoot meaning, what does hotfoot mean in a sentence? hotfoot meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.