Synonyms of "hone""hone" in a sentence
- Noun: hone hown
Verb: hone hown
- A whetstone made of fine gritstone; used for sharpening razors
- Sharpen with a hone
"hone a knife"
- Make perfect or complete
Derived forms: honed, hones, honing
Type of: ameliorate, amend, better, improve, meliorate, sharpen, whetstone
Encyclopedia: Hone, AO Hone Hone, Italy Hone, Aosta
Same as oilstone.
AmE / verb [+ obj]
to develop and improve sth, especially a skill, over a period of time:
She's a finance expert who has honed her skills working for top accounting firms.
- His loner instincts are honed sharp by the spying game.
- His wife, a tiny woman with the profile of a finely honed hatchet.
- The advance team was at the peak of their self-confidence, honed by political campaigns to a razor-edge.
- He had seen them shape the knives from white-hot metal, temper them in cold water, then hone them to glistening sharpness.
- By honing those skills which make me useful ..
- Really honed my eavesdropping skills that year
- This is where we're really gonna hone our skills
- The design and study on ultrasonic reaming and honing device
- By honing those skills which make me useful
- All the family were at hone when he went by yesterday
What is the meaning of hone and how to define hone in English? hone meaning, what does hone mean in a sentence? hone meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.