"gnomonic" in a sentence
- or gnomonical /-monˈ/ adjective
Relating to a gnomon or to the art of gnomonics
- gnomonic charts are published covering the atlantic, pacific and indian oceans, except for an equatorial belt in each ocean
- The gnomonic projection is used for charts intended for plotting of great circle routes.
- It supports orthographic, stereographic and gnomonic projections and various tools for constructions on the sphere.
- On the horizontal part of this sundial he presented the oldest gnomonic world map known so far.
- Like the stereographic projection and gnomonic projection, orthographic projection is a distorted, particularly near the edges.
- The gnomonic projection is used in astronomy where the tangent point is centered on the object of interest.
- Consequently, a rectilinear photographic lens, which is based on the gnomonic principle, cannot image more than 180 degrees.
- Unfortunately, the shadow of the obelisk does not point precisely in that direction, and its gnomonic function is definitively lost.
- It is not a gnomonic projection, whereby global data expands from the center point of a tangent facet outward to the edges.
- A "'gnomonic projection "'of a portion of the northern hemisphere, centered on the geographic North Pole.
What is the meaning of gnomonic and how to define gnomonic in English? gnomonic meaning, what does gnomonic mean in a sentence? gnomonic meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.