Synonyms of "global""global" in a sentence
- Adjective: global glowbul
- Involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope
"global war"; "global monetary policy"
- planetary, world, worldwide, world-wide
- Having the shape of a sphere or ball
- ball-shaped, globose, globular, orbicular, spheric, spherical
See also: circular, globally, globe, international, round
AmE / adjective
1 [usually before noun]
covering or affecting the whole world:
Global demand for oil is increasing.
a global network of accounting firms
We are trying to build a global brand (= that will be sold everywhere).
In the last few years the business has gone global (= started operating in different countries across the world).
considering or including all parts of sth:
We need to take a more global approach to the problem.
They sent a global email to all staff.
globally /; AmE / adverb:
We have increased our market share both domestically and globally.
The group employs 50 000 staff globally.
a globally competitive company
We need to start thinking globally.
1 : having the shape of a globe
a : of, relating to, or involving the entire world global health conditions
b : of, relating to, or involving the globe of the eye global anesthesia in cataract surgery
a : being comprehensive, all-inclusive, or complete global obstetric care transient global amnesia akinesia was global, although rigidity and dystonia were strikingly unilateral in distribution —Oliver Sacks
b : of, relating to, or constituting an organic whole : ORGANISMIC the newer psychiatry seeks to understand in a global way the dynamic structure of the patient's personality —Psychological Abstracts — glob·al·ly adv
[Oil and gas]
<filename extension> (gid) The filename extension of a Windows 95 "global index" file. .gid files are created by the help browser internal to Windows 95 (also available for other Windows versions) for WinHelp files (hlp), as well as for storing user preferences, such as window position.
- We were thus the key to global security.
- Air pollution is a global problem.
- Economists are usually interested in global extrema.
- I got obsessed with an idea i called global motors.
- We must now view agriculture in terms of its global impact.
- Let the center of the global coordinates be chosen at the center of the shaft.
- An examination of these global differences in living standards is revealing.
- We shall subsequently obtain some interesting results on global extrema.
- It is a global masking process for any interrupt of level higher than n.
- Char is a global variable which will always hold the source program being scanned.
What is the meaning of global and how to define global in English? global meaning, what does global mean in a sentence? global meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.