file system meaning
Synonyms of "file system""file system" in a sentence
- Noun: file system
- A system of classifying into files (usually arranged alphabetically)
- filing system
Derived forms: file systems
Type of: classification system
Encyclopedia: File system
<operating system> (FS, or "filesystem") 1. A system for organizing directories and files, generally in terms of how it is implemented in the disk operating system. E.g., "The Macintosh file system is just dandy as long as you don't have to interface it with any other file systems".
2. The collection of files and directories stored on a given drive (floppy drive, hard drive, disk partition, logical drive, RAM drive, etc.). E.g., "mount attaches a named file system to the file system hierarchy at the pathname location directory " -- Unix manual page for "mount(8)".
As an extension of this sense, "file system" is sometimes used to refer to the representatation of the file system's organisation (e.g. its file allocation table) as opposed the actual content of the files in the file system.
Unix manual page: fs(5), mount(8).
- If you are creating a file system web site, type
- To read and write data to the local file system
- Gets the content type of the file system resource
- Access to the local file system is restricted
- A card index is very useful in the filing system
- Returns a response to a file system request
- Provide a unique name for the file system task
- file system is exported with read-write permission
- The directory in the file system where the files generated by
- The first i o retrieves data from a file system
What is the meaning of file system and how to define file system in English? file system meaning, what does file system mean in a sentence? file system meaning
，file system definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.