Synonyms of "equation""equation" in a sentence
- Noun: equation i'kweyzhun
- A mathematical statement that two expressions are equal
- A state of being essentially equal or equivalent; equally balanced
- equality, equivalence, par
- The act of regarding as equal
Derived forms: equations
See also: equate
Type of: equalisation [Brit], equalization, leveling [US], levelling [Brit, Cdn], mathematical statement, position, status
a statement showing that two amounts or values are equal:
The candidates were faced with pages of calculations and mathematical equations.
◆ Solve the equation for x (= change the equation so that is shows what x is equal to).
A requirement that a mathematical expression take some particular value. A quadratic equation, for example, takes the form ax2 + bx + c = 0. A solution is any value of x for which this is true. An equation may have more than one argument: for example, ax2 + bxy + cy2 = 0. A solution to this is any set (x, y) for which this equality is satisfied. With simultaneous equations, two or more equations must be satisfied by the same set of their arguments. There is no guarantee that any given equation or set of equations has any real solution, or if it does have one, that this is unique. In a few very special and simple cases it is easy to see whether there are any real solutions and locate them analytically. For many more complex equations and systems of simultaneous equations, it is not easy to tell whether they have solutions, or how many; locating solutions requires number-crunching procedures normally conducted on a computer.
difference equation, differential equation, and simultaneous equations
n : an expression representing a chemical reaction quantitatively by means of chemical symbols
<logic> First-order equational logic consists of quantifier-free terms of ordinary first-order logic, with equality as the only predicate symbol. The model theory of this logic was developed into Universal algebra by Birkhoff et al. It was later made into a branch of category theory by Lawvere ("algebraic theories").
- In the y-direction a similar equation applies.
- Some quadratic equations have no real roots.
- I could never do simultaneous equations.
- You should write the skeleton equation.
- Dirac was unwilling to discard his equations.
- equation 13. 3-9 is of the van der pol form.
- In this equation k is the consistency index.
- This equation is known as the ideal gas law.
- Each equation involves five unknowns.
- The following equations can be written.
What is the meaning of equation and how to define equation in English? equation meaning, what does equation mean in a sentence? equation meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.