earth to meaning
"earth to" in a sentence
- [American slang]
MMM phr. “Hello MMM, are you listening?” (A means of getting the attention of someone who is ignoring you or who is daydreaming. As if one were on the earth, trying to contact someone in a spaceship.)
• Earth to Mom! Earth to Mom! What's for dinner?
• Earth to Fred! Are you asleep? Say something, Fred!
- I was ready to move heaven and earth to persuade my sister.
- I would go to the ends of the earth to see her again.
- Seismic sections show the response of the earth to seismic waves.
- A brilliant doctor moved heaven and earth to save him.
- One astronomical unit equals the distance from the earth to the sun.
- It was a journey that took man beyond the earth to walk on another world.
- She would have moved heaven and earth to get here in a natural manner.
- One can calculate how long it would take for the earth to stop as a result of this resistance.
- I say that the power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man.
- It was because he had not overturned the earth to take his daughter away from a woman who did not love her.
What is the meaning of earth to and how to define earth to in English? earth to meaning, what does earth to mean in a sentence? earth to meaning
，earth to definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.