data dictionary meaning
"data dictionary" in a sentence
<database> A data structure that stores meta-data, i.e. data about data. The term "data dictionary" has several uses.
Most generally it is a set of data descriptions that can be shared by several applications.
Usually it means a table in a database that stores the names, field types, length, and other characteristics of the fields in the database tables.
An active data dictionary is automatically updated as changes occur in the database. A passive data dictionary must be manually updated.
In a DBMS, this functionality is performed by the system catalog. The data dictionary is a more general software utility used by designers, users, and administrators for information resource management.
The data dictionary may maintain information on system hardware, software, documentation, users, and other aspects.
Data dictionaries are also used to document the database design process itself and can accumulate meta-data ready to feed into the system catalog.
- data dictionaries for intelligent transportation systems
- Using the online catalog as the data dictionary
- Research and design on data dictionary description language
- Extracting the data dictionary into the redo log files
- Use data dictionary links for xml and web services schemata
- Standard for data dictionaries for intelligent transportation systems
- Tip : use data dictionary links for xml and web services schemata
- Structure of global data dictionary system in cims database management
- For database data dictionary view
- The design and implementation of data dictionary in multi-sources geo-information systems
What is the meaning of data dictionary and how to define data dictionary in English? data dictionary meaning, what does data dictionary mean in a sentence? data dictionary meaning
，data dictionary definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.