Synonyms of "darts""darts" in a sentence
- Noun: darts daa(r)ts
Noun: dart daa(r)t
- A game in which small pointed missiles are thrown at a dartboard
Verb: dart daa(r)t
- A small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot
- A tapered tuck made in dressmaking
- A sudden quick movement
- Move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart
- flit, flutter, fleet
- Run or move very quickly or hastily
- dash, scoot, scud, flash, shoot
- Move with sudden speed
"His forefinger darted in all directions as he spoke"
See also: darter
Type of: belt along, board game, bucket along, cannonball along, hasten, hie [archaic], hotfoot, hurl, hurry, hurtle, lunge, missile, motility, motion, move, movement, pelt along, projectile, race, rush, rush along, speed, step on it, thrust, travel rapidly, tuck, zip
Part of: garment
Encyclopedia: Dart Darts
- The boy hit the target with his first dart.
- He would no longer dart about her.
- Some peculiarity might now dart forth.
- The old man looked meditatively at the darts board.
- darts of bright light shot asunder, darkness swept over the center of the lake.
- Lydia, sobbing with fright, saw thomson dart forward and pick up the shotgun.
- They go like an ox to the slaughter, till a dart strikes through their liver.
- dart christened the fossil australopithecus africanus, meaning the "southern african ape".
- "shoot " and " dart " indicate the sudden rapid movement of a person, an animal or a thing.
- A bat can dart about in a room filled with crisscrossing wires without ever hitting one.
What is the meaning of darts and how to define darts in English? darts meaning, what does darts mean in a sentence? darts meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.