Use "cross" in a sentence
past tense: crossed past participle: crossed plural: crosses present participle: crossing
- annoyed and irritable
Synonyms: crabbed, crabby, fussy, grouchy, grumpy, bad-tempered, ill-tempered,
- extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis; "cross members should be all steel"; "from the transverse hall the stairway ascends gracefully"; "transversal vibrations"; "transverse colon"Verb
Synonyms: transverse, transversal, thwartwise,
- breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey"; "Mendel tried crossbreeding"; "these species do not interbreed"
Synonyms: crossbreed, hybridize, hybridise, interbreed,
- trace a line through or across; "cross your `t''"
- travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
Synonyms: traverse, track, cover, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across,
- meet and pass; "the trains crossed"
- fold so as to resemble a cross; "she crossed her legs"
- meet at a point
- hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth''s amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
Synonyms: thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, frustrate, baffle, bilk,
- to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"Noun
Synonyms: traverse, span, sweep,
- (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
Synonyms: hybridization, hybridisation, crossbreeding, crossing, interbreeding, hybridizing,
- (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species; "a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey"
Synonyms: hybrid, crossbreed,
- a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
Synonyms: crisscross, mark,
- any affliction that causes great suffering; "that is his cross to bear"; "he bears his afflictions like a crown of thorns"
Synonyms: crown of thorns,
What is the definition of cross and how to define cross in English? cross meaning, what does cross mean in a sentence? cross definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.