Synonyms of "construct""construct" in a sentence
- Verb: construct kun'strúkt
Noun: construct kónstrúkt
- Make by combining materials and parts
"Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- build, make
- Put together out of artificial or natural components or parts
- manufacture, fabricate
- Draw with suitable instruments and under specified conditions
"construct an equilateral triangle"
- Create by linking linguistic units
"construct a sentence"; "construct a paragraph"
- Create by organizing and linking ideas, arguments, or concepts
"construct a proof"; "construct an argument"
- Reassemble mentally
- reconstruct, retrace
- An abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances
- concept, conception
Derived forms: constructs, constructing, constructed
See also: construction, constructor
Type of: conjecture, create, create by mental act, create mentally, delineate, describe, draw, hypothecate, hypothesise [Brit], hypothesize, idea, line, make, speculate, suppose, theorise [Brit], theorize, thought, trace
verb [+ obj]
1 construct sth (from/out of/of sth) (often be constructed)
to build or make sth large, such as a road, building or machine:
The building was constructed in 1972.
The frame is constructed from steel and plastic.
a newly constructed hotel
⇨ BUILD verb (1)
to create sth by putting different things or parts together:
I've constructed my own homepage on the Web.
a carefully constructed letter
to construct a portfolio of investments
⇨ BUILD verb (2)
A source (user’s) computer program statement that, when implemented, produces a predetermined effect.
n : something constructed esp. by mental synthesis form a construct of a physical object by mentally assembling and integrating sense-data
- It is simple to construct in moderate sizes.
- The sidereal year is not used to construct a calendar.
- Now he can construct a diagram.
- We can construct many functions by assuming x=y.
- We can construct the following sequence of identities.
- It is required to construct an access bridge over a motorway.
- I have not hesitated to construct arguments in its support.
- construct a flow chart to make a robot cross a road.
- There are a number of ways in which one can construct a triplet code.
- I can construct bridges which are very light and strong and very portable.
- "construct" meaning in Chinese: vt. 1.构成，建造，建筑，铺设，架设；【数学】作(图)；【语法】造(句)，作(文)。2.构想，创立。3.解释。...
- "construct" meaning in Japanese: construct v. 組み立てる, 建てる, 構成する. 【副詞１】 ◆He constructed it ca...
- "construct" meaning in Korean: noun, adjective, 건조(구조)물, 구성, 구성개념, ~ed(), 몸매가 좋은(여자), ~ib...
- "construct" meaning in Russian: 1) _книж. конструкция, особ мысленная; концепция Ex: great...
- "construct" meaning in Arabic: v. بنى, شيد, أنشأ, رتب, ركب, نظم
- "construct" meaning in French: n. forme, modèle; notion, concept v. construire, confec...
What is the meaning of construct and how to define construct in English? construct meaning, what does construct mean in a sentence? construct meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.