Synonyms of "consignment""consignment" in a sentence
- Noun: consignment kun'sInmunt
- Goods carried by a large vehicle
- cargo, lading, freight, load, loading, payload, shipment
- The official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
- commitment, committal
- The delivery of goods for sale or disposal
Derived forms: consignments
See also: consign
Type of: bringing, confinement, delivery, merchandise, product, ware
1 (Transport ) [C]
a quantity of goods that are sent or delivered somewhere:
a consignment of books
2 (Commerce ) [C,U]
goods that you deliver to sb, for them to sell on your behalf or return if they cannot sell them:
These pieces are being offered on consignment.
imports made on a consignment account basis
Transfer of goods to a seller while title to the merchandise is retained by the owner.
Merchandise shipped to a foreign agent or customer when an actual purchase has not been made, but under an agreement obliging the consignee to pay the consignor for the goods when sold.
The goods or property sent by a common carrier from one or more persons called the consignors, from one place to one or more persons, called the consignees, who are in another. By this term is also understood the goods sent by one person to another to be sold or disposed of by the latter for and on account of the former.
- The exporter can enter into consignment transaction.
- We must ask you to dispatch the consignment immediately.
- They're concerned with the dispatch and receipt of consignment.
- I want you to see for yourself how our consignments are cleared in london.
- It may well be possible at the end of this month to detach the larger consignment from our home defence.
- It is these documents that enable the importing customs to assess consignments at the correct rate of duty.
- From the mid 1960s the consignment of dissenters to the forced-labour camps has again become a regular practice.
- Response messages of international postal consignments
- The goods have been sent to chicago on consignment
- The consignment reached delhi on the 29th of august
What is the meaning of consignment and how to define consignment in English? consignment meaning, what does consignment mean in a sentence? consignment meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.