Synonyms of "compass""compass" in a sentence
- Noun: compass kúmpus
Verb: compass kúmpus
- Navigational instrument for finding directions
- An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control
"within the compass of this article"
- scope, range, reach, orbit, ambit
- The limit of capability
"within the compass of education"
- range, reach, grasp
- Drafting instrument used for drawing circles
- Travel around, either by plane or ship
"We compassed the earth"
- Get the meaning of something
- grok [N. Amer], get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, apprehend
- [archaic] Bring about; accomplish
"This writer attempts more than his talents can compass"
Derived forms: compassing, compasses, compassed
Type of: accomplish, achieve, attain, capability, capableness, circle, drafting instrument, extent, navigational instrument, potentiality, reach, understand
An instrument for drawing circles, measuring the distance between two points, etc.; consists of two pointed legs, movable on a joint or pivot, usually made so that one of the points can be detached for the insertion of a pen, extension, etc.
common operational modeling, planning, and simulation strategy; Computerized Movement Planning and Status System
1. Any of several instruments for determining direction on the earth’s surface [e.g., magnetic (mariner’s) compass and gyrocompass].
2. A radio direction finder.
3. An instrument for drawing circles.
An instrument for indicating a horizontal reference direction relative to the earth.
The assembly language on CDC computers.
- Keep your desires within compass.
- He checked his compass and set off.
- This compass serves as a protractor.
- Observation was enabled to compass its vastness.
- He went to all lengths to compass his purpose ..
- He had checked it with his compass.
- His book presents the subject in a small compass.
- The compass made possible navigation out of sight of land.
- He did not need a compass to tell him where south-west was.
- He speaks within compass.
What is the meaning of compass and how to define compass in English? compass meaning, what does compass mean in a sentence? compass meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.